The Bormioli Rocco Fido range of jars features glass jars with a glass swing lid that closes down on a rubber seal and locks by way of a wire bail. This allows an air tight seal for a wide range of foods including dried goods, dehydrated fruit and vegetables, pickles and chutneys, and oils. They make excellent jars for fermented foods. Here at Ozfarmer Australia we use the Fido jars to make brandied and candied kumquats and to preserve lemons and other citrus fruit in salt.
These jars are not suitable for use in any sort of heated preserving process such as water bathing (using a Fowlers Vacola, Ozfarmer or Ball preserving unit for example) or pressure canning. Larger jars are an excellent option for home brew storage as well as large scale storage of dry goods.
The jars are available in a range of sizes including:
- 125ml: 8.5cm x 7.5cm (high) mouth opening 7.5cm :Very cute jar for jams, pates, terrines
- 250ml: 8.5cm x 8.5cm (high)
- 500ml: 10cm x 10cm x 10cm (high)
- 750ml: 10cm x 10cm x 13.5cm (high) Good size for beetroot, pickles, brandied fruits, oils
- 1 litre: 10cm x 10cm x 16.5cm (high)
- 1.5 litres: 10cm x 10cm x 22.5cm (high)
- 2.1 litres: 12cm x 12cm x 22cm (high)
- 3 litres: 14cm x 14cm x 24cm (high)
- 4 litres: 16cm x 28cm (high)
- 4.8litres: 17.5cm x 28cm (high)
The 2 smallest sizes (125ml and 200ml) take the same size replacement gasket (8cm) which can be ordered separately.
The fine tradition of the Bormioli Rocco Group coincides with the very history of glass: the first glassworks was established in Parma in 1825. Over the years Bormioli Rocco has developed a special talent, that of combining time-honoured craftsmanship and the passion of master glassmakers with modern industrial processes.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 340-008
- Weight: 0.35kg
- Dimensions: 10.00cm x 10.00cm x 10.00cm
- ISBN: 9.78817525855