- The jars are made of thick tempered glass, making them less likely to crack or break
- The 2 piece lids are considered the most reliable for canning, particularly pressure canning, reducing jar failures and food waste
- Available in a range of sizes so there is a size for every purpose
- The screw lid can be used for storage so no need to buy multiple lids
- The 1,000ml (1 litre) Familia Wiss jar size is ideal for soups, broths, stone fruit and long vegetables
- Multi use jars that can be used for dry storage as well as canning
- Wide mouth for easy filling
- Made in France
The flat lid incorporating the seal is called the sealing cap. Note that these are shipped on the jar in an inverted position to prevent any prior impact on the seal prior to use for preserving. These sealing caps are single use only.
The screw lid is a one piece lid (rather than a band as is standard for Ball jars). This lid serves 2 roles: it holds the sealing cap in place during heat processing and once the jar has been opened, the screw lid can then be used as a storage lid.
Le Parfait Familia Wiss jars come in 7 different sizes, allowing you to have a full range for your preserving needs. The lid sizes are non-standard and are not compatible with other mason lids. The 3 sizes used are 82mm, 100mm and 110mm so only Le Parfait replacement sealing caps and lids can be used. On the plus side though, the extra wide openings make it very easy to get your food into the jars.
The 1000ml jar comes in 2 versions: this version is the standard wide mouth 100mm
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: LPFT1000